We’ve put together a list of some great places delegates can explore while attending their next conference in Brisbane.
1. Visit Southbank and check out the Southbank Markets, located in the middle of Brisbane & Southbank Parklands, provides something a little different for its visitors – night markets.
2. Catch the CityCat ferry to New Farm Park or the Botanical Gardens. You’ll have gorgeous river views and better yet, there’s no need to make a reservation.
3. Take a trip to Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA) and Queensland Art Gallery (QAG) to see the latest exhibitions or take in a show at nearby QPAC – the bus, train or ferry can get you there.
4. Take the bus to the Victoria Point Jetty Terminal and catch the ferry across to Coochiemudlo Island for the day.
5. Take bus route 385 to Enoggera Reserve – there are lots of walking tracks, picnic areas, water sports and more.
Getting to all these places is easy with TransLink’s new go Event card – Australia’s first only travel card developed specifically for the conference market.
The go Event card includes unlimited travel for $12 across 3 days on TransLink’s extensive bus, train*, ferry and tram network in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. If your event is longer than three days, then you can easily tailor the card by adding extra days from an extra $4 a day.
It’s an affordable way to pay for travel between venues, hotels, and attractions. Did you know that the Brisbane Convention centre is located within five minutes walking distance from bus, train and ferry services? There isn’t a better way to start the morning, than with a scenic ferry ride down the Brisbane River before you get off at Southbank and walk to the Convention Centre.
The go Event card includes transfers on TransLink bus services to and from Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Airports. Special discounts available on Airtrain services from Brisbane domestic and International Airports.
All cards are ready to use and come with a free user guide. There’s no need to worry about calculating fares, working out zones or loading money onto cards. Users simply touch on at the start of their journey and touch off when disembarking.
Delegates are supported by a 24 hour contact centre and online journey planner available on the TransLink website and MyTransLink app.
*excluding Airtrain services
For more information contact visit translink.com.au/goevent.