Dwain Richardson is a regular contributor to Executive PA. This month Dwain reveals his vision for Workplace Culture Month which is being staged for the first time this month.
April is an exciting month for us and we hope it will be for organisations right around Australia and New Zealand.
It is the inaugural Workplace Culture Month!
My team at Corporate Challenge Events created the concept for a dedicated ‘month’ to put the spotlight on the importance of team culture for all businesses and what can be done to improve it in all work environments.
Our dream is that Workplace Culture Month becomes an annual fixture on the calendar; is embraced by organisations around Australia, New Zealand and even wider; and encourages more and more organisations to prioritise culture in their workplace.
Ultimately, we want to help others achieve what we enjoy… a positive team culture!
We felt a good and fun way of doing this, aside from our day-to-day business, was to create a Workplace Culture Month, so we can focus efforts in promoting the importance of team culture and hopefully engage many others with it.
What are we planning for Workplace Culture Month?
- There will be a series of fun team events in late April across Australia and New Zealand that work teams can register for as a way of actively participating.
- We are working with venue partners in a number of cities to showcase team building activities that can contribute to a positive culture and spirit within organisations.
- Our staff will be taking on fun 3 minute challenges as a way to reinvigorate themselves during the work day. We will share many of these via social media to showcase what you could apply too.
- I am launching my first eBook entitled ‘How to create a positive team culture for success!’. This will be an easy-to-follow guide with useful tips on what you can do in your own workplace to improve culture.
- We will be delivering a lot of other educational content such as blogs, videos and training workshops, all focused on equipping people with knowledge and tools to apply in their work team environments.
- Most of what we do will be promoted via our social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube. We are encouraging others to join the fun on social media using the hashtag #WorkplaceCultureMonth whilst sharing their own experiences working within a positive team culture.
Please visit our website at www.corporatechallenge.com.au to stay up-to-date with our plans for the month!