The North Coast of NSW is a wonderful region for your next business event as it offers an abundance of nature-based activities and environs that delegates can benefit from. Corporate visitors are particularly enchanted by the region’s stunning natural landscapes that provide easily accessible nature-based activities. When combined with its high-quality venues it delivers the ideal destination to connect with your colleagues, or for a “digital detox” for corporate teams
Destination North Coast extends from the Barrington Coast in the south to the Tweed in the north, with Lord Howe Island to the east and the Great Dividing Range approximating the western border. The region is supported by 14 local governments and leading industry operators, all keen to provide an exceptional experience for you and your delegates.
The region is easily accessible via the Pacific Highway or through its gateway airports located in Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour and Ballina/Byron and nearby neighbouring cities of the Gold Coast and Newcastle. The regional centres of Taree, Grafton, Lismore and Lord Howe Island are also serviced by airports.
If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it is how much we value our health – both mentally and physically. In business we call it “Corporate Wellness”, and this region offers some unforgettable nature-based experiences, to allow your delegates to calmly reconnect with each other and with themselves.
Go on – get out there
It’s not just the day to day interaction with colleagues that we’ve missed, but also the environments in which we share that interaction. Any mindfulness and wellness practitioner will tell you how good it is for your body and soul to get out and immerse yourself in nature. Corporate wellness should be heavily featured and celebrated in a conference itinerary, as it can be a rewarding and healing experience for delegates.
There are a few different considerations and value adds when considering “wellness” options for your events.
- Use a teambuilding company or wellness practitioner who can take a “corporate wellness” check of your employees and your corporate culture before the conference. They can help you identify areas of improvement and incorporate the solutions through nature based activities on your conference program. Many organisers are still surprised that the last person standing at the bar the night before, will still make the effort to attend the sunrise meditation session down on the beach!
- Virtual conferences do not offer the same opportunity to your delegates as going to a destination like the North Coast and experiencing the power of a digital detox! Zoom has served its purpose and many of us have realised that we are losing the art of real connection, which is vital for well-functioning teams.
- Work with the local organising company and ask them about their “local secrets”- amazing gems that could just mean a once in a lifetime experience for your delegates. For example, interact with Tasmanian devils through the Planet Ark program on the Barrington Coast. Or perhaps taking an early morning hike with a local guide to visit kangaroos in Coffs Harbour – make life-long memories. w Corporate wellness should also include and celebrate local culture. You can include a ‘welcome to country’ ceremony and make it more memorable by accompanying it with a smoking ceremony in the bush. It’s a moving experience and something your delegates will never forget.
Corporate Wellness operators on the North Coast
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital Visit our koalas – protecting them for the future https://www.koalahospital.org.au/
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre Get back to nature https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/visi-tor-centres/sea-acres-rainforest-centre
- Sails Port Macquarie Smell the sea breeze, rest & relax https://www.rydges.com/accommodation/port-macquariensw/
- Dolphin Marine Conservation Park Engage and inspire delegates to conserve and protect their environment http://www.dolphinmarineconservation.com.au/
- Wajaana Yaam Adventure Tours Stand up paddle board, welcome to country – Aboriginal experiences available https://wajaanayaam.com.au/
- BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort Direct beachfront access, wide open spaces – perfect for team building https://www.breakfree.com.au/aanuka-beach/
- Out of the Blue Adventures Tour the ocean and rivers https://www.outoftheblueadventures.com/
- The Loft Just off the sand at Byron Bay’s main beach https://loftbyronbay.com.au/
- Elements of Byron Wellness and indulgence facilities, as well as beachfront yoga and team building activities – an award-winning property https://elementsofbyron.com.au/
- Green X7 Corporate team building and bespoke wellbeing programs https://greenx7.com/
- Mavis Kitchen Enrich your body and soul, food grown on site https://maviseskitchen.com.au/
- Tropical Fruit World Learn, pick and eat straight from the property https://www.tropicalfruitworld.com.au/
- High Performance Centre Get your delegates moving with different and new experiences, such as trampolining http://www.surfingaustraliahpc.com/
- Peppers Salt Village A beautiful property. Hike, bike or walk along the coastal walks. Large open spaces to conduct team building activities to engage and reconnect teams https://www.peppers.com.au/salt/
To discover more about the health & wellness options on the North Coast and how they might work for your next Business Event, join the “Destination North Coast – Reboot Roadshow”. Read more here: https://www.executivepa.com.au/your-last-chance-to-win-one-of-5-accommodation-packages-worth-over-500-each-only-2-days-left-to-enter/